Currently on dialysis. Found Albumin++++ in urine test. What does this mean?

Jul 2016

Currently on dialysis but Albumin++++ in urine test, what does it mean ?
Posted Wed, 25 Sep 2013 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Proteinuria is an indication of Renal Damage.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have Chronic Renal Paranchymal Disease and currently on dialysis regularly.

Normally during urine formation when serum proteins pass through Glomeruli of the kidney most of the proteins are reabsorbed in proximal convoluted tubules hence no protein is detected in urine.

However in chronic renal paranchymal disease especially in Glomeluronephritis this mechanism of re absorption of serum protein is impaired resulting in to passing of the protein (Albumin)in urine.

Please consult your Nephrologist for evaluation and further treatment.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you