Cured of PCOD, have regular periods, taken Primolut for missed periods. What can be the reason for stopped period?

hello, i had pcod problem which is cured now. i am getting my periods regularly for the last one year. we dont have a child and planning to start family. this month my period was due on 11th XXXXXXX when i miss my periods, after home pregnancy test which was negative, i took primolut-n for 4 days. but even after week passed, i am not getting periods. now i am worry. what can be the reasons?
Posted Sat, 21 Jul 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 34 minutes later

There could be various reasons for missing periods in your case.

1. Hormonal changes
2. Anxiety
3. Some illness or other medicines taken
4. Pregnancy

Normally after taking primolut n, you should have periods in maximum one week. As you still you are not having your periods, you need a medical examination by a gynaecologist.

Your doctor after examination will have some clue to the reason for missing periods and he might ask for some investigations like repeat urine pregnancy test, ultrasound to look for the cause.

3 weeks is sufficient time that has passed. Please do not wait more and visit a doctor.

I hope this helps.

Please feel free to write again if you have some more queries, in case you do not have more queries please accept the answer.