Could post nasal drip be caused by hormonal imbalance?

Infertility Specialist
the XXXXXXX pill, progesterone only, stops my post nasal drip, but it makes my vagina dry and irritated. could this mean that the post nasal drip may be caused by hormonal imbalance? I'm still breastfeeding my 7 month old baby and dont normally have sinus issues.
Posted Sat, 7 Dec 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 38 minutes later
Brief Answer: Copper T Detailed Answer: Hi, These Pills do not cause these symptoms regularly. But if you are having difficulty due to pills, I suggest you get copper-T inserted which is best way to contraception and no daily pills taking or any such side effects. Regards
Follow-up: Could post nasal drip be caused by hormonal imbalance? 49 minutes later
I'm having the post nasal drip when i go off the pill. When I start to take the pill again the post nasal drip dissapears but i get a very dry irritated vagina. I want to go off the pill but am getting a really thick post nasal drip which i cannot clear. I have no known allergies and never had sinus issues prior to having my baby. Could the post nasal drip be caused by a hormonal imbalance when i go off the pill? How would i fix this?
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Examination required Detailed Answer: Hi, There is possibility that progesterone you are taking might lead to little enlargement at the place where post nasal drip occurs and you might find relief. But this is temporary relief and a wrong treatment for post nasal drip. You need to get examined for postnasal drip and then only medicines can be adviced. Please see an ENT surgeon for the same. Mean while you can opt for copper T instead of pills to reduce vaginal dryness. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol IVF & Infertility Specialist