Could it lead to a serious problem if my five year old daughter has pre-juvenile acne?

Hi, Since three month now, my 5 year old daughter have pimples on cheeks. Her pediatrician said that she's suffering pre-juvenil acne. He prescribed her spetro acnecare2.5. I read on the web that the real causes can be serious. Her doctor said us that he want to see for any improvement within next 3 months. He asked us if We noticed any puberty sign. We didn't noticed any sign... Is there anything to worry about? Should I consult a dermatologist or wait until her pediatrician see the result using spectro once a day .

I also read that pre-juvenil acne can be the cause of ovarian cancer or something! I'm scare... should I?
Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in Acne
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 2 hours later
Hello Yann,

Pre-juvenile or Pediatric acne is a known though a not very frequent skin disease. Most of the times there is no cause for it. If your daughter is otherwise healthy and not having any problems, then there is no reason to worry.

Spectro acne care is basically a cosmeceutical range. I am not sure ho much it will help. I would suggest you to see a dermatologist for a prescription drug which will hasten the clearance and also to confirm the diagnosis.

Please feel free to ask any further questions you have.