Could diabetic patients take glucon D?
User rating for this question
Hello, Is it safe to use Glucon D or similar product for Diabetes patients?
Posted Fri, 29 Nov 2013 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Shehzad Topiwala 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Yes Detailed Answer: Glucon D is pure sugar. In small quantities it will not affect blood glucose levels. However if consumed in large quantities it will raise blood sugar levels significantly. So if a person with diabetes has a low sugar reaction then taking about 15-20 grams of glucon D will raise the sugar back to normal range, although the individual should consume s proper meal soon to prevent the sugar from dropping again.
Follow-up: Could diabetic patients take glucon D? 3 minutes later
What if the person is having problem of high sugar level in his blood. If this person is not having stemina to walk, can glucon d help him?
Answered by Dr. Shehzad Topiwala 5 minutes later
Brief Answer: No Detailed Answer: If a person with diabetes has high sugars, it is not a good idea to expect benefit from consuming glucon D frequently. It is not likely to improve stamina either
Follow-up: Could diabetic patients take glucon D? 20 minutes later
Thank you Doc.
Answered by Dr. Shehzad Topiwala 4 days later
Brief Answer: you are welcome Detailed Answer: Wish you good luck
People also viewed
- Post nasal drip swollen salivary glands
- Lean forward fluid drips off my nose
- Can a diabetic patient take nutrilite daily amway
- Discolored skin diabetes
- Drinking and valve replacement surgery
- Diabetic digestive neuropathy
- Can energy drinsks hurt your eye
- Could diabetic patients take glucon d
- Diabetes drugs and pancreatitis
- Drug-induced diabetes
- Volume of urine in sugar drinkers
- Diabetes donation in memory
- Can diabetic patients take shelcal 500
- Is it good for diabetic patient to take almonds
- Can a diabetic patient take hydroxycut