Could a hard lump on my daughter's wrist be cancer?

I have an 18 month old daughter and I just noticed a hard pea sized lump on her wrist, where her wrist bone meets her arm, below her thumb area. It is very hard and doesn't seem to move. It doesn't seem to bother her when I touch it. I am highly concerned it's cancer. Is that possible???
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Kiran Kumar 9 hours later

The swelling which you have mentioned is likely a bone cyst or a ganglion. Its a benign condition and at her age, its quite unlikely to be a cancer.

Be reassured.

You must get an X XXXXXXX of her wrist to know from where it is arising.
Some times, a close examination can pin point the cause and further course.

So do consult your physician for the same.

Overall it seems to a benign condition.

Hope, this answers your query. Please get back if you need any further information

Thanks and Regards,

Dr Kiran.