Could I take lequvin while taking plavix for aneurysm?
User rating for this question
I'm on topomax for miragrains. But went to dr today fro a cold. He prescribed lequvin ? Can I take that I'm also on plavix because I had an aneurysm fixed. Anyway I've had trouble with antibiotics in the past. This dr knows this. I'm just concerned. What do you think? Still have pipeline in my head and am on aspirin with the plavix until January when they recheck my aneurysm . Please let me know. I'm very cautious. I had a friend on plavix and took bias in and had a brain bleed from it. Thank you Would likes Family Practice Dr to answer please.
Posted Tue, 24 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Lequin does not have any interaction with others Detailed Answer: Hi.Thanks for writing on XXXXXXX Lequin(Levofloxacin) does not have any interactions with topomax/plavix/aspirin and you need not worry.This will not affect the drug levels of any of the above said drugs and is safe. If you have any (known) allergy to fluroquinolone(quinolone group) then avoid lequin. I suggest you to remember and make a note(upload if you know the name) of the antibiotic which caused such problem to you previously. Since you are on antiplatelet medication you should watch for minor bleeding episodes and report to doctor as far as possible. Thanks for writing once again. Keep us posted for further queries.
People also viewed
- Spasmo proxyvon residual traces
- Taking asprin during a brain aneurysm
- Spasmo proxyvon skin whitening
- What are the side effects of taking aneurysm
- Can you take propranolol with zicam
- Scaly skin on top of big toe
- Taking warfarin with a brain aneurysm
- Big spots on tongue
- What if bruises get bigger and darker
- Link between taking oxy elite pro and abdominal aortic aneurysm
- Shelcal tablet prepared from?
- Tab revital for what purpose
- Could i take lequvin while taking plavix for aneurysm
- Swollen vein on big toe
- Bruise on stomach getting bigger