Could I take lequvin while taking plavix for aneurysm?

I'm on topomax for miragrains. But went to dr today fro a cold. He prescribed lequvin ? Can I take that I'm also on plavix because I had an aneurysm fixed. Anyway I've had trouble with antibiotics in the past. This dr knows this. I'm just concerned. What do you think? Still have pipeline in my head and am on aspirin with the plavix until January when they recheck my aneurysm . Please let me know. I'm very cautious. I had a friend on plavix and took bias in and had a brain bleed from it. Thank you Would likes Family Practice Dr to answer please.
Posted Tue, 24 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Lequin does not have any interaction with others Detailed Answer: Hi.Thanks for writing on XXXXXXX Lequin(Levofloxacin) does not have any interactions with topomax/plavix/aspirin and you need not worry.This will not affect the drug levels of any of the above said drugs and is safe. If you have any (known) allergy to fluroquinolone(quinolone group) then avoid lequin. I suggest you to remember and make a note(upload if you know the name) of the antibiotic which caused such problem to you previously. Since you are on antiplatelet medication you should watch for minor bleeding episodes and report to doctor as far as possible. Thanks for writing once again. Keep us posted for further queries.