Could I take Meclizine for vertigo problem?
User rating for this question
My wife aged 75 suffers from dizzyness or vertigo. After two operationgs on her right ear she is totally deaf now in that ear and wears a hearing aid in the other. She wont ask her cardiogist about it and wont take the advise of our daughter who is a Registered Nurse. A friend suggested to me Meclizine?
Posted Fri, 27 Dec 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Meclizine or betahistine; both should help Detailed Answer: Hello sir and welcome. Thank you for writing to us. Meclizine is a good medication, you could try this for ma'am (your wife) as it helps in preventing symptoms of motion sickness like nausea, vomiting ,etc; or you could even try an anti-vertigo drug like betahistine, which is more specifically made to treat vertigo. I hope you find my response both helpful and informative. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help. Best wishes.
People also viewed
- Mouth ulcer lower lip
- Side effect of simrose 1000 capsul
- Heart racing vicodin withdrawal numbness
- Mucus on lips at morning
- Meclizine 25 mg for vertigo
- Have vertigo and nausea on meclizine healing time
- White line on tonsil
- Minimal fullness of pelvi calyceal system
- Why am i experiencing nausea after taking meclizine for vertigo
- Impact of enteroquinol on 4 weeks pregnancy
- What foods are bad for varicoceles
- Could i take meclizine for vertigo problem
- Will meclizine help deal with constant vertigo
- Red lines in throat
- Unproductive mucus stuck in ling