Cough, nasal discharge, stomach bloating, foul smelling urine. History of sinus and smoking. What could be the reason?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Dear Doctor, I have a few symptoms happening, I will be seeing my regular doctor on Monday but am a bit concerned. Firstly I am a smoker but have never had a cough like I have developed the past 2 months. I have a yellowish white phlegm coming out with black spots in it and the cough is a XXXXXXX cough. I have nasal discharge (always had sinus issues as well) I also have bloating in my stomach which has been causing me to be uncomfortable. And I have a foul urine smellm which is also cloudy that just started with a clear viscous discharge that is neither painful a few days a go. I am pretty sure I have some sort of infection going on but need to know what i should be looking for from my doctor as far as responses.
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 21 minutes later
A continuous cough for two months with a yellowish white phelgm is suggestive of infection of the airways like bronchitis- possibly a bacterial infection with super added fungal infection.
A foul smelling cloudy urine is also indicative of a sputum examination and culture, urine examination and culture and routine blood investigations will help in determining the causative organism and in guiding the further appropriate antibiotic required.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.