Continuous sick feeling, pinching pain around chest, upper back, shoulders, vomiting, excessive hunger, headache. ECG normal. Cause?

Hi, I'm a 30 years old female who's been feeling sick for more than 2 months. I have pinching pain around the chest, at the upper back, between shoulders and around the shoulders. Pain at the back is getting worse and sometimes my shoulder feels very achy. Vomiting accures mostly at evenings. Sometimes I don't feel hungry all day or for days. When I feel very sick I feel cold and tired as well.
Recently I've been also having neck pain and headache. Headache can be all over the head, sometimes at the back of the head, on the top or on the sides. I've been having them everyday which is unusual for me.
Blood preasure is 132/87 but it gets higher than that sometimes.
I did an ECG a month ago and it was normal so doctor said that my heart is ok.
Thank you!
Posted Mon, 20 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 1 hour later

Thanks for sharing your concerns.

The symptoms are quite non-specific, it seems that more information in terms of a complete physical examination and at least some basic labs to guide the thought process. Being a cardiologist, I think that it is unlikely for those to be manifestations of cardiovascular disease. Rheumathologic, toxic, metabolic and endocrine causes would be higher in my differential; I recommend to visit a health care provider, who can examine you since you have lots of painful body sites, and perhaps start ordering some basic tests such as CBC (complete blood count), thyroid hormone levels, electrolytes, liver and renal function, cortisol and Vitamin D amongst others.

Hope this is useful, wish you the best health,

Dr Brenes-Salazar MD
Mayo Clinic Rochester