Consulted a cardiologist. Suggested for angiography. Chances of heart attack if coronary artery is blocked?

my self 39 years recently i consult a cardiak interventional cardiologist he suggest me for some tests.

1.lipide profile - Results Tg= 202, colestrol =170, HDL=42, FBS=94, PPBS=120
2.ECG Results= Normal
3.X XXXXXXX Results = Normal
4. ECO Cardio Results = Normal
5.PVT results = normal
6.TC4 Results = 0.93
7. TMT Results = Strong Positive

He suggest me for Angiography for further details.
1. what should I do or angiography should be done or not
2.angio is last option or any other test for blockage kindly suggest me right option.
3. if coronary blockage how can cure it without treatment.
4. if coronary artery blockage found how much chances of heart attack.
Posted Fri, 13 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 43 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query and for sharing your reports.

Looking at the reports, your lipid profile is not normal. Your triglycerides level is high. Rest of the blood reports are normal.

I hope investigations were advised as you might be having some complains like chest pain etc. which may indicate some cardiac problem.

I will try to answer your queries one by one.

Ans.1: When ever the TMT is positive, it indicates that when you do physical stress, your heart is not getting enough blood. To confirm this and have more idea, yes you should go for angiography.

Ans.2: Now a day apart from routine angiography by cardiologist, there is an option to for CT scan angiography, in which after giving injection of XXXXXXX in to your vein, CT scan of heart vessels is done. This can give good information and in good centre the result are also good.

Ans.3 & 4: The treatment of block depends upon various factors like, location of block, vessels involved, length of block, type of block (partial, total etc.)

In case minor partial block are found, medicines can very well take care of it without need to angioplasty.

A chance of heart attack depends upon the same set of factors.

Apart from this, you have option of taking a second opinion from one more cardiologist before proceeding further.

I hope this answers your query, I will be glad to reply any follow up queries that you have.

In case you do not have follow up query, please accept the answer.

Follow-up: Consulted a cardiologist. Suggested for angiography. Chances of heart attack if coronary artery is blocked? 1 hour later
1.I do not want to the angiography or any other test can i improve my blckage by the other treatment and life syle change, low fat diet, excercise etc.
2.after one or two month can i change TMT strong positive to negative by life style.
3.ct scan angoigraphy can clearly indicate the percentage of blockage.
4.aspirin can control the the blockage if yes how much time can control.

kindly give the answers of my query.
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 21 minutes later

Good to hear from again.

I can appreciate your concern. Please understand that first of all it is important to have proper diagnosis.

Life style changes which you can follow are:

Regular exercise
Diet control, avoiding junk food and high calorie diet
Stress relief
Stopping tobacco in any form etc. are very important in the over all management. It can help in stopping further progress of disease and control the present one.

Along with all this, tablets like Aspirin, lipid lowering agents are also needed.

You are quite young so aggressive treatment is must.

CT scan angiography is very much accurate and can give good reliable results.

It is difficult to say whether all this will make your TMT negative.

There are chances that the blocks on angiography are not critical, in such case all the above things become mainstay of treatment.

I hope, I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up queries.