Constipation, abdomen feels full even after motion. What is the remedy?

Bowel movements have been occasionally irregular (3 to 4 times) in last two months and it lasts for around 3 days. On such occasions, abdomen feels full even after passing.

Could you help me with a remedy for this?
Posted Thu, 24 May 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 22 minutes later

I would like to know some more details about your problem to understand it better and opine specifically.

Kindly describe in the detail the irregular bowel movements.Is it constipation, loose stools, flatulence etc you facing.
Do you have pain abdomen or burning sensation in the stomach ?
Do you see any colour change in the stools ?
Was there any change in your diet pattern in recent days ?
Are you on any medications ?

Anticipating your response,

Follow-up: Constipation, abdomen feels full even after motion. What is the remedy? 1 hour later

Thanks for you follow up.

It is mostly constipation and sometimes flatulence.

No pain in abdomen. But have faced heartburn once (or maybe twice) in last two months.

No, I din't observer any change in stool color.

No change in diet either. Generally I have breakfast at 10 AM, lunch at 2 PM, light snacks at 6 PM and dinner at 9:30 PM (timings on weekends would be irregular, but again I don't face above mentioned issue immediately after weekend. So I cannot think this as a reason)

No, am not on any medication.

Additional info that might be useful: I neither smoke nor consume alcohol.

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 34 minutes later

Thanks for the information.

After going through the detailed description provided by you, I suspect of you having Flatulence dyspepsia which is caused due to lack of roughages (fibres) in the food.

It is a very common condition encountered in young adults, treated well with increasing the consumption of fibre XXXXXXX foods like oats , carrot , radish, Psyllium husk (ISABGOL) etc

There is medication like MOSAPRIDE which is very helpful in such conditions, for this you may have to consult your treating doctor who can formulate the dosage and course after examining you.Do consult for the same.

Hope I answered all your questions. Please use any answer clarification before closing and rating this answer. I will be happy to explain or expand on any issue you may have.