Constant pain behind ears mastoid bone. Done with ct scan. Have inflammed sinuses. On naproxen

ENT Specialist
Hi for the past 3 weeks I have had slow onset dizziness like im off balace, woozy with constant pain behind my ears mastoid bone, and my ears feel uncomfortable constantly having to pop them,i also have an itchy feelin too, my doctor has looked in my ears and said they are crystal clear but thinks it could be coming from my chronic sinusitus, ive had ct scan in the past and have inflammed sinuses, doctor has put me on naproxen, antihistamines and steriod drops for nose feel no better, previous to that ive been on 2 different antibiotics I need help getting very scared
Posted Tue, 30 Apr 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. A.K. Srivastava 1 hour later

Thanks for writing to H.C.M. for your query.

I have gone through your query regarding dizziness and popping in ear and pain over mastoid area.As you said that your doctor has examined and found normal.You are having sinusitis for quite long. So it appears as your eustachian tube is get blocked due to sinusitis , this is the reasion to get relief by steroidal spray.

I would like to suggest you to take proper treatment for sinusitis and most probably by FESS operation otherwise you may develop complications of sinusitis.

It will be better to consult ENT specialist for thorough examination and treatment.