Consistent back pain, have sedentary working style. Tips to reduce back pain?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I am having back pain (lower back) for past one and a half months now.My job is to work on a laptop so i am sitting on a chair the whole day.I never had any medical contiditon but since childhood i have little bit of neck pain and strain, my back ache might be realted to it. I never consulted a doctor reagrding it as it was never very serious.
Can you suggest some exercise or anything to reduce my back pain?it is in very beginning stage now and I dont want it to become a major problem.
Any Do's and Dont's to improve my condition?
Posted Thu, 13 Jun 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 2 hours later
Hello friend,

I am Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi, I am Orthopaedic surgeon and spine specialist.

I have studied your case. It appears to be an occupation related problem.

This kind of pain is due compression of nerve due to spinal disc bulge. Nerve compression leads radiating pain, which aggravated on long time sitting in same particular position.

Do spine extension exercises,lying on your stomach lift leg,then lift only head and chest,do suryanamaskar[sun salutation]
do streches and rotation of all joints

Here are my other useful suggestions to you:
Avoid lifting weights
Sit with a support on your back.
Take break every half hour while at office. Try to do some stretches and joint movements
Continue spine extension exercises.

If the above do not help you may need to see a Physiotherapist/yoga teacher

Get ample sleep, good amount of water and fluids. Rising temperatures can cause these fresh fruits. Tackle stress at right time.
dont drive bike for long time,keep your body weight in normal range.