Complete hemogram done. Reason for low lymphocyte count In DLC?

General Surgeon
hello doctor , my problem is in august 2012 i had my complete hemogram done and my lymphocytes count was 28 in DLC while 2 days back wen i did it has fallen to 18. wat can b the cause of dis low lymphocyte count IN DLC.
Posted Mon, 25 Mar 2013 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 1 hour later
The normal lymphocytes in DLC range from 20-40.
As your Lymphocytes are 18,it is near the lower limit which cannot be considered abnormal.
The lymphocytes are decreased in conditions like Typhoid,Tuberculosis,Viral hepatitis,Steroid therapy etc.
As you had TB lymphadenitis,please get an advanced blood test for TB like ELISA/PCR test.This clearly shows whether you have TB disease still in your body or not.
If you come back with the above report, i will clarify further.
Nothing to worry as of now
Wish you good health