Complete health profile showed Homocystine, High Sensitive C reactive Protein, Serum Lipoprotein and Thyroid (TSH - 16.64. Suggest?

Hello Doctor,

I am XXXXX and 33 years old. One month back I have taken Complete Health checkup profile test. From the reports, the following are the problems.

1) Homocystine
2) High Sensitive C reactive Protein
3) Serum Lipoprotein
4) Thyroid (TSH - 16.64)

I have consulted a General physician for the above problems.
He prescribed the following medicines for 3 months and visit him again after that.

1. Thyrofit
2. D-RISE 60K
3. Homocheck capsules
4. Ecospirin-AV 75

My question is when to take these medicines?
Is it safe to use Ecospirin as it has Aspirin drug which has lot of side effects? Please suggest if it is safe to use the Ecospirin tablets. I heard that this medicine is to decrease the blood thickness and allow to free flow of blood. If I take Ecospirin for 3 months only and stop it, will the blood again becomes thick? Do I need to take this medicine life long?

He prescribed Thryrofit to take before half an hour to breakfast. Can I drink 2-3 glasses of water early in the morning from bed and give a gap of 1 or 2 hrs to take Thyrofit tablets before breakfast?

Right now I am taking Homocheck capsules in the morining after the breakfast.
At what time should I take Ecospirin tablets?

Please clarify all my questions.

Posted Mon, 30 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
D-rise 60K once a week; others once a day...

Detailed Answer:

I went through the results and I found significant changes with Vitamin D, TSH, CRP and homocysteine levels. Accordingly the medications given to you are appropriate.
Ecosprin AV, thyrofit and homocheck capsules are usually prescribed as once a day medication. D-rise 60K is generally advised once a week for 4-6 weeks. Discuss with your treating doctor about the exact schedule.

As far as ecosprin is concerned, it is a very common medication given to patient with coronary disease and stroke. And most individuals who take this drug tolerate them very well. It is beneficial to take them half an hour after lunch to avoid gastritis side effects.
The effects of medicines go away in 3 days once you stop it. Therefore for long term prevention, we advice life long usage unless one develops gastritis or bleeding tendancy or before you plan for surgery / tooth extraction.

Food interferes with the absorption of thyrofit tablets. For maximum potential benefits, it is advised you take this on empty stomach. I recommend my patient to take it first thing in the morning as one wakes up and proceed to perform daily chores.

Homocheck and D-rise 60K have no significant food interaction; therefore you need not take on empty stomach.

Hope I have answered all your questions. Let me know if I missed any.