Complaining of severe itching and rashes. Diagnosed allergy. Prescribed NSAID cream. What can be done?

I am a biologist and acupuncturist. I just recently returned from the phillipines to see my girlfiiend two weeks ago.
about 3 days ago I t alked with her and she is complaining of severe itching at night and some rash. She went to the clinic and they told her it an allergy to some expired supplements , herb capsules I left her. The kicker is that is that her friends who spends a lot of time at her house with her also has the same issues and also her friends parents as well and my girl friends sister who was there at her house for a few days during the time I was there. We spent some time in a few different hotels when we were traveling. They were told that it is allergies to the supplements I left because only the people I gave supplements too seem to be reacting. I think this is highly unlikely give the fact that are using different supplements. I think it is scabies or impetigo itching worse at night with small lesion. I also have some itching but it maybe psychosomatic given the nature of itching. She and her friend are off to see a dermatologist tomorrow. I did find one tract on my wrist medial side as I am doing preventative treatment just in case. Her friend has the lesions for at least a week and her 4 days. Her friend has some red rash on the side of her face. she was proscribed from the clinic some NSAID cream. I cant believe it is the supplements even if they are a year out cause I have been taking them for years. Your thoughts on what it could be.
Posted Thu, 10 Oct 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Scabies until proven otherwise

Detailed Answer:
Dear doctor,

Thanks for your query. The itching nature, worse at night, along with several members of the family affected makes scabies highly likely, and on the basis of suspicion would warrant treatment for all members of the household, as well as linens. Permetrin cream is useful, but in adults with normal livers, a single dose of ivermectin, repeated 2 weeks later, is highly effective.

Yours truly,

Dr Brenes-Salazar MD
Mayo Clinic MN