Colonoscopy showed white flecks. Can you advise me on what exclusions I should seek?

I had a colonoscopy this week, and the doctor who did it said "the only thing I wasn't sure about was these white flecks" and he wasn't talking about the white reflective spots in the photos. They look almost like loose, white pieces of greek yoghurt that has gelled (well, that's the best description I can give). Can you advise me on what exclusions I should seek? I just don't want to ignore something that may cause problems later. I have been feeling a lot of fatigue and my dentist remarked at my last cleaning that I show signs of candida in my mouth, but no white coatings - he said "this is systemic." My opthalmologist said my eyes have a discharge, and they are very dry. And, a dermatologist gave me a cream to treat very dry, peeling lips, and cracked corners of my mouth. Do these symptoms add up to anything??
Posted Wed, 18 Apr 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Poorna Chandra K.S 1 hour later
Hi and thanks for the query.

White specks in the colonic mucosa may represent an adherent food residue or exudates (secondary to infections like Clostridium difficle or other infections) or a colonic candidiasis. However colonic candidiasis is rare except in a poorly controlled diabetic or in immune-deficient states.

Wait for the biopsy before concluding anything.
Tekturna can cause an elevated uric acid and gout, cracked lips, dry eyes, peri-orbital swelling as a side effect, hence check these out with your physician.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Follow-up: Colonoscopy showed white flecks. Can you advise me on what exclusions I should seek? 12 hours later
Thanks for your response - it makes sense, and I will ask for further investigation (I don't think my gastroenterologist sent anything for biopsy).

Please tell me this - can Tekturna compromise the immune system?
Thank you
Answered by Dr. Poorna Chandra K.S 13 hours later
Hi and thanks for the follow up

‘Tekturna’ is not an immunosuppressant. It does not compromise the immune system.

Please go ahead and do the investigations as planned before.

Hope I have answered all your queries. Please accept this answer if you do not have any other queries.