Cold,sore throat,yellowish phlegm,left side of trachea hurts

Hi,I had a cold ,sore throat and was spitting up yellowish phelgh,only in the morning,strep test was nrg but nw that I am almost better left side of my trachea hurst..can this just be from all the coughing? Thank you
Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Deepak Anvekar 38 minutes later

From the history provided seems that your sorethroat (pharyngitis) has improved.

But the persistent pain could be due to a inflammed lymph node under the neck or due to the stressful post infectious cough.

This is a transient and will soon subside. Taking a NSAID like ibuprofen will help improve your symptoms soon.

Hope I have answered your query.

If you have any more queries, I will be available to answer them as well.