Cold, sore throat, ear infection, on antibiotics, symptoms still persist

Hi I have a cold at the moment, and I had felt a lump at the back of my throat/nose, so I did that horrible nose to clear it and a lump came out, I took it to my GPs on Tuesday and the doctor has sent it off. But since then I am feeling worse, my nose bleeds if I blow it, the back of my throat feels raw, I have an ear infection, and I am getting a creamy yellow pus which tastes discusting and is hard to get out before I swallow it, when I caugh it is also coming up that way to. The doctor has given me 500mg of amoxillin, but I feel quite ill and sick.
Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 1 hour later

Thank you for posting the Query.

I Would like to know few more things which would help me in suggesting you better:

1. Do you have Fever?
2. Do you have pain while swallowing?
3. Do you have Hoarseness of voice?

Your History suggests the possibilities of:

1. Peritonsillar Abscess.
2. Tonsillitis.
3. Pharyngitis.

Kindly get yourself examined by a ENT Specialist so that he/she can examine you and rule out the exact cause for your Symptoms.

You may need few tests like,
1. Throat swab.
2. Complete Blood Count.
3. Allergy Tests (If necessary).

Your Physician has prescribed you right medications. Follow medications as directed by your Doctor and go for regular follow up. Do not skip any dose and get a Opinion from a ENT specialist.

Follow these home care remedies along with medications until you visit your specialist:

1. Drink Plenty of fluids.
2. Get adequate rest.
3. Eat healthy nutritious balanced diet which should include fresh fruits and XXXXXXX leafy vegetables.
4. Do salt water gargles several times in a day.
5. Avoid cigarette smoke or any other irritant which irritates your Throat.
6. Just stick to your treatment plan and go for regular follow up.
7. Steam inhalation.

Hope this answers your Query.

I will be available to answer your follow up queries if any.