Cold, running nose, fever. Taken Medlar and Ocaset. Need good medicine with less side effects

i'm suffering from cold for the past 15 days
-running nose, some times fever...
i tried medlar, taxim o, voveran D,sinuarest, ocaset, tablets...
now i'm having cold and cough with wheezing
i need good medicine with less side effect
Posted Thu, 6 Sep 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 47 minutes later

First of all please visit your primary care physician at the earliest if you have not done so far.

You are taking two antibiotics and pain killer which is not good.

As you are having wheezing and cough, that is suggesting of bronchitis. Due to some allergy or infection there is swelling inside your breath pipe and that leads to wheezing and cough.

You need some antibiotics, anti allergic drugs and as per need medications for reliving breathing trouble.

Please take light diet, plenty of liquids, continue steam inhalation. Take proper rest, stay away from dust and smoke.

Please do not resort to self medication and visit a doctor.

Your doctor after examination will decide whether you need some investigations like blood counts etc.

I hope this helps.

Wishing you good health and speedy recovery.

Follow-up: Cold, running nose, fever. Taken Medlar and Ocaset. Need good medicine with less side effects 14 minutes later
only sinurest and ocaset i got from medical store
other tablets presc by some doctor, now that doctor is out station
please prescibe me some antibiotics, anti allergic drugs where i can get from any medical shop in hyderabad
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 2 hours later

Good to hear from you again.

I think you need examination first and then medicines.

The other drugs that you need like anti allergic and bronchodialator,they are prescription drugs.They need prescription from doctor.They can not be prescribe in this forum, as we can not write any drugs here without seeing patient in person.

Please visit some other doctor in your near by area,get examined and treated.One has to look for some other possibility like infection in lungs which can give rise to similar problem.

In mean time,continue with okacet tablets for cough and cold.Take steam inhalation with sinarest vapocaps and drink hot liquids to have some relief.

I hope this helps.