Cold, running nose, difficulty breathing, history of sinus. Trouble in dusty or cold atmosphere. How to get relief?

I have suffer from cold and running nose and facing difficulty in breathing.

I have history with Sinus.

When ever i have get contact with dusty or chilled atmosphere usually i am facing this problem.

Kindly give help me for getting relief from this
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 1 hour later

Do not worry this problem is faced by many in this season.

This could be allergic tendency to the things which you have mentioned.

Please try following which should help.

>Take plenty of fluids orally. Hot ones are better like soup, traditional drinks like "KADA" etc.
>Avoid strong smell like perfume etc.
>Take steam inhalation at least twice in a day. There are some vaporizing capsules are available in the market which can give relief from blocked nose.
>You can take analgesic tablets like paracetamol for associated headache and body ache.
>Please avoid taking junk foods, cold drinks etc.

In case of recurrent problem please visit an E.N.T. Surgeon and get your self properly evaluated. There are possibilities like nasal polyp, deviated nasal septum etc.

Depending upon the cause further proper treatment can be suggested and you can get rid of this.

Apart from this if nothing is there and it is purely allergic in nature, you may need a course of anti allergic drugs which can take care of this recurrent problem.

I hope this answers your query, I will be glad to reply any follow up query that you have.

In case you do not have any further query, please accept the answer.

Wishing you best of health.