Cold, headache, nose bleeding, crohns disease. Taking azaron, mesacol, vitamin B12 and calcium. Treatment and suggession?

I have cold since the last week. But suddenly from the last 4 days my head (only the left side) is aching very badly. My nose is bleeding from yesterday. My medical history - I am a Chrons patient. I am on azaron, mesacol and vitamin b12 and calcium supplement. Could you help me with the situation?
Posted Sun, 24 Jun 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 1 hour later

Thanks for posting your query. I have read the reports as well. Thanks for uploading them.

You most probably seem to be having seasonal viral infection. You might also have acute sinusitis on left side giving you headache.

Crohn's disease has no relation with this problem.

Take decongestant medicine and anti inflammatory medicines like Paracetamol after food. It is available over the counter. You may take the minimum dosage of about 500mg twice or thrice a day for 2 days.

You might have got bleeding from nose due to congestion of the blood vessels present there.

Put decongestant nasal drops like Nasivion, which will give relief from bleeding. Nasivion is also available over the counter.

Do nasal steam inhalation with hot water; add Vicks to it to feel better.

Avoid junk food and cold drinks.

If the symptoms do not subside in a week’s time, please consult a general physician and if required you may go in for X- XXXXXXX PNS (Paranasal sinuses).

Hope I have answered your query.

If you need any further clarification, I will be happy to help.

Follow-up: Cold, headache, nose bleeding, crohns disease. Taking azaron, mesacol, vitamin B12 and calcium. Treatment and suggession? 2 hours later
Hi Sir,
Thanks for your prompt response. I will follow your instructions and get paracetamol and Nasivion. Also a while back when I was trying to spit the cough from nose even that contained blood. Is this related to the nose blood vessels only. I am feeling tired and a little warm from the past 2 days. I am a little worried that my chrons condition which is currently under remmission might relapse.
Please let me know if I need to take any other precaution apart from junk foods.
Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 2 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
The feeling of having tiredness and warmth might be due to fever due to infection.
Do not try and blow your nose very hard as the pressure itself can dislodge a clot and cause further bleeding. Its unlikely that Crohn's disease will relapse due to this.
Apart from junk food, avoid cold drinks as well. Take rest and this would be very beneficial.
Wish you good health.