Cold feeling behind eye, done brain stimulation operation to relieve symptoms of dystonia

Thank you.
I often get a cold feeling behind my left eye. I have had it continuously for the last two years. I was suffering with Dystonia at the time. I have since had a XXXXXXX brain stimulation operation to relieve the symptoms of my Dystonia. It has started again. The cold sensation is however now intermittent
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Shiva Kumar R 20 hours later

Thanks for the query

Regarding the cold feeling behind the eye, I personally feel it is not a symptom of concern and does not indicate any serious underlying neurological disorder. As the sensation is now only intermittent and is causing problems to your day to day activities, I personally feel neglecting this symptom would make you feel better and get rid of this symptom.

Regarding the recurrence of dystonia after DBS, I think checking the parameters and re-programming if required would benefit you. So I personally advise you to XXXXXXX your Neurologist for the programming.

Thanks again for the query. I hope you found my response to be helpful. If you have any additional concerns i would be happy to address them.

Dr Shiva Kumar R
Consultant Neurologist & Epileptologist