Diagnosed with Spasmodic Torticollis. Having pain in arms, nack and legs. Treatment?

I have been diagnosed with Spasmodic Torticollis. I have been having pain and aching in my neck, back, arms and legs Could you explain why and how these symptoms can be treated? I have had the botox injections with no relief!
Thank you, XXXXX
Posted Sun, 10 Nov 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Conservative and surgical options...

Detailed Answer:

Medically we call this condition as cervical dystonia. The symptoms can be reduced with
- Training in stress management techniques.
- Exercises that improves the strength and flexibility of the neck muscles.
- Use of neck braces.
- Besides those medications like analgesics and muscle relaxants are used to reduce the pain. Sometimes antiparkinson's drugs are used to combat tremors associated with spasmodic torticollis.

Rarely neck muscle surgery and Deep brain stimulation may be advised by the doctors if the less invasive treatments may not help.

If you have tried the above mentioned list of conservative measures along with botox, then you might opt for surgical means.

Hope the answer helps you. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Follow-up: Diagnosed with Spasmodic Torticollis. Having pain in arms, nack and legs. Treatment? 2 hours later
I have tried physical therapy, Carbadopa Levadopa, muscle relaxers, analgesics, trigger point injections, Botox injections. I was told not to use a brace. I have also tried traction. The pain is nearly constant pain is increasing my depression and causes my activities of daily living to be difficult (strenuous). Life is nearly controlling my life!
Thank you, XXXXX
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Non Invasive treatment is not helping.

Detailed Answer:

I can understand how stressful it may be.

In this situation all the non invasive treatment methods is not helping you and making your life very difficult.

Now you need to decide whether to proceed further with surgical treatment like neck muscle surgery and Deep brain stimulation.

Discuss with your doctor.