Cocaine, nitro. Heart attack?

My friend just tookl cocaine and now is taking nitro would he have a heart attack
he is 70 years old he does not want to go to hospital he is worried hwoever he first took the cocke and got pains then gook the nitro wil he die or have heart attack
Posted Thu, 12 Apr 2012 in Heart Attack
Answered by Dr. Tulasi Raman.P 4 hours later

Consumption of cocaine is a definite risk factor for MI (hear attack). Medication history suggests of high cholesterol levels which is also a risk factor for MI (Myocardial Infarction). Even his age favors MI.

As you have said he had chest pain it could probably be Angina (early symptom of MI). This warrants an immediate cardiac evaluation. Though Nitro is used to treat MI it should always be prescribed only by a doctor after thorough cardiac evaluation.

The minimum investigation required would be an ECG if there is even a slightest changes in it, he should get a stress test done. Following which the decision to do a cardiac angiography will be suggested by the doctor / cardiologist.

I hope my answer has been adequate and informative. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.
Follow-up: Cocaine, nitro. Heart attack? 20 hours later
I just got back my resulkts from a ECO stress test and the docotor tolkd me I am in excellent health , why then did Vigra increase my blood pressure, I dont have any showing of CAD I didi every test all my levels are excellent including a;; my blood tests, so what caused this worru I dont understand Vigra is to lower blood pressure not increase it
Answered by Dr. Tulasi Raman.P 7 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

Its good to hear that your ECHO reports are normal.

Yes, you are right in saying Viagra causes decrease in Blood Pressure.There are no records for it involved in increasing the BP. I suspect some other reason for the same in you.

I would ask you to get the BP checked by a professional on 3 different days and record a average reading , based on which formulate antihypertensive treatment if needed.

Wish You Good Health.