Ask a Urologist   »  

Circumcised infant's skin from the shaft appears to be attaching to the ridge of the helmet. Problem?

I have a newborn, 2 weeks old. He is circumcised. The skin from the shaft appears to be attaching to the ridge of the helmet. What can be done? I called his doctor and am waiting for a call back.
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 39 minutes later

Usually mild attachment of skin of shaft with the circumference of head of penis is due to mild secretions which causes this sticky skin. You can wash the area to remove the secretions and apply petroleum jelly.

Do not worry. This could be just a normal variation. It is not indicative of any complications.

In case, problem does not settle with this measure, you can consult your doctor for the same.

Hope this answers your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.