Chronic hip pain, joint pains. X-ray showed heal spur, MRI showed sacroilitis. Cause?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have chronic hip pain. I have been prescribed 15 mg mobic prn but I take it daily on top of ibuprofen (usually 1000mg at a time-but I don't take the mobic and ibuprofen at the same time) I think that my hip pain is the result of a fall 12 years ago when I was working as a life guard. I fell off of the stand and landed on my right hip on the concrete. I was young and naive and did not file workman's comp. Shortly after I began working at a nursing home as a CNA which I am sure did not help any. I have went to PT and to a Chiropractor. I also have joint pain everywhere else in my body (hands, shoulders, knees, elbows, fingers, toes, and ankles) but xrays all come out clean with the exception of a heal spur. I have also had an MRI where I was diagnosed with sacroiliitis
Posted Fri, 14 Jun 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 4 hours later

I am Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi, I am Orthopedic surgeon. I went through the details submitted with diligence.

Sacroilitis leads to deep persistent pain aggravated on particular position
Along with medications you are taking you need to take a local steroid injection from orthopedic surgeon which will help you to get relief from pain for long term

For maintenance you need to continue hip and spine exercises, for that you can consult your PT.

For your heel spur
Use soft sole footwear all the time, you can add silicon insoles inside your shoe,
Hot fomentation to foot
Take calcium with vit D. Physiotherapy such as short wave diathermy and ultrasonic therapy can be helpful.

Hope this answers your query.