Chromosome 4 in the long arm, also autistic, asthma, sleep problems. Meaning?

just had my 3 year olds test results back they say he has a bit of chromosome 4 in the long arm missing please what does this mean? we (his parents) now need to be tested but wont be seen until the results come back, my son also has autism dcd and sleep problems asthma am now getting worried
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Santosh Kondekar 48 minutes later

As I understand it was a routine evaluation for child's autism related problem. The part of chromosome missing does mean that the problem she seems to have has some genetic basis rather than pure autism. So it may be a part of a syndrome association he may be needed to be worked for.

As knowledge about human chromosomes is still inadequate, whatever minimum list of associated illnesses with chromosome 4, can be viewed at following link:

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.