Cholesterol is high and having anaemia due to bleeding. MRI showing adenomyosis. Premenstrual syndrome swelling and swollen ankles. Further tests needed?

I am 52 & female. I have a very strong family history of cardiac problems but my heart is perfect according to all tests. I did learn recently that my cholesterol for the first time is high. Was perfect 3 years ago. Have been fighting due to heavy bleeding. My ob first though huge fibroid but Mri came back adenomyosis. New ob started me on bc 4 weeks ago thought might bring bleeding under control. Took me off tranexamic acid which worked moderately well b/c wanted to know if bc worked. Tried to stick it out; pressure feeling all over, started swelling in ankles, pms swelling too, bp in primary doc's office on second week 185/105. Bleeding got unmanageable,ob allowed me to go back to tranexamic acid with bc as a bridge to see if it would get me adjusted to bc. Next week, started getting palps, pressure in center of chest, kept rising over several hours. On second day of this,Primary saw me, said my heart murmur sounded louder, normal ekg, had elevated d dimer, a little elevation in bc. Pressure feeling suddenly stopped and then bc normal but bc of elevated d dimer made me go immediately for ultrasound of leg and ct of chest. No clots found but left leg showed severe venous insufficiency. Never had any swelling before bc. Bc of holiday knew I couldn't reach ob & stopped bc and tranexamic acid on my own. Been on this period 19 days sometimes heavy, but light now. Yesterday had sudden pms type swelling and then heavier but manageable bleeding but could feel my heart beating harder and a little chest pressure a few hours later. Nowhere near as severe as last week. Bleeding & swelling seem related to me to heart problems. Today and most of weekend felt ill, so much fatigue like I'd been hit by truck, muscles feel a little sore sometimes too like a burn from execise and sometimes heaviness in chest and small amount of pressure feeling. Feel so bad still today, a little tight in chest, missing work and deadlines, probably can't see doctor for week or so and don't want to be nuisance. Want to get my iron checked too although Im a pro at managing that. :) What tests should I ask for? How can I feel better? Any advice would be so appreciated.
Posted Fri, 20 Sep 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
control BP and CholesterolCholesterol

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
It seems your heart is under strain of raised BP and is unable to handle the stress leading to hypertensive left ventricular ischemia and failure.
You should get an ECG, ECHO, TMT test for status of heart and also get cardiac markers CPK, CPK.MB, TropI and NTproBNP levels alongwith Renal function test and the Urine routine and culture report.
If renal function is deranged then you may be in fluid overload as a cause of hypertension.
get a referal from cardiologist.
You should maintain the cholesterol level in safe range with diet, exercise and medicines.
If the problem is due ro raised BP then controlling BP may may abolish symptoms.
You should ensure an Hb level above 10g/DL.
I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you.
Take Care!