Chocolate cysts, ectopic pregnancy, laproscopy, endometerosis, luperogen, zendel, danazol, letrazol, heavy bleeding, TORCH test, hypothyroidism, thyronorm

I am 29 years old, 5 feet and 3 inches tall and my present weight is 75 kg. I am married for 5.5 years.
Chocolate cysts were diagnosed in 2005 during a routine ultrasound, followed by treatment by Danazol. I had an ectopic pregnancy (2006) in left tube which followed by laproscopy and during the process Dr. found endometerosis and chocholate cysts in both ovaries. My dr. decided not to disturb my ovaries and stated treating the cysts & endometerosis by 6 monthly inj. of Luperogen followed by Zendel. the cysts reduced in size during medication but tend to reoccur when medication is stopped. In Aug 09 Laproscopy for Endometeriosis and cysts. the cysts were treated and doc. put me on Danazol for 4 months and my next ultrasound came clean. so she gave me Letrazol for 3 months but I conceived in July 2010 without letrazol.
My last LMP was 16 July and test came positive on 26 August 2010. the spotting started fron 17 August and had heavy bleeding on 28 aug. Dr. prescribed daily inj. Sustain 200 mg and corion 5000 unit every 4 day for 4 months. But had heavy bleeding again in October and spotting continues till 4th month. after that spotting stopped and everything was fine, continued on sustain 200 orally. In 29 week the baby movement slowed so emergency visit to doc. she checked the heartbeat it was fine. after 2 days again no movement so rushed to emergency and there was no heartbeat and ultrasound showed spalding effect. I delivered a baby girl weighing 1.1 kg on 8 feb 2011. Doc suggested TORCH test and i got the report today the results are-
Toxo (igG & igm) : negative
Rubella (IgG): 117.0 +ve
Rubella (Igm):0.14 -ve
CMV IgG: 49.0 +ve
CMV igm: .12 -ve
HSV igg 4.50 +ve
HsV igm: 0.60 -ve
I also have Hypothyroidism and I am taking thyronorm for past 3 years my present TSH: 0.53, T4: 1.03, T3: 3.07 present dose is 62.5 mcg & SGPT value at present is 47.90.
I want to know what is the way forward for me as I am trying to stay positive despite of all this. Please help.... XXXXXXX
Posted Sat, 5 May 2012 in Growth and Development in Children
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 hours later

I understand your concern.

I appreciate you staying positive in these situations. Continue being so.

I have gone through the test results that you have sent across.

You have tested positive for Rubella, CMV and HSV Immunoglobulin G.

Positive Immunoglobulin G suggests an infection in the past.

Currently you are not actively suffering from any of these infections.

Presence of Immunoglobulin M would suggest active infection but you have tested negative Ig M for all these. So you do not have active infection.

You must have suffered from these infections in the past, may be 6 months earlier.

You have to get prophylactic treatment against these infections now.

You can go in for Oral Valganciclovir prophylactic treatment against these infections. Please discuss with your doctor regarding this.

The mortality rate from active infection is less than 1%. Please do not worry.

I suggest you to wait for sometime now, until the Ig G levels clear off from your blood.

You can wait for 6 months to conceive again.

Meanwhile, Keep yourself well hydrated and well nourished. Also get a routine blood investigations done.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.