Chlamydia spreads from tooth brush after oral sex? Should I disinfect anything at home?

Can chlamydia be spread from a toothbrush if you have oral sex? Also, should I dis infect anything in my apartment such as door knobs etc, i may have touched after oral sex??
Also, can you get an oral infection of chlamydia? I received treatment yesterday for chlamydia I'm just wondering if that clears both oral and genital chlamydia if that's what I have.
Posted Tue, 24 Apr 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later

Chlamydia infection can spread from indulging in oral intercourse. Its further transmission to next partner by sharing a toothbrush is not likely. There is no need to disinfect the apartment as direct sexual contact is needed for transmission.

Oral infection of chlamydia is seen after having oral intercourse with an infected partner.
A treatment with antibiotics will clear both oral and genital chlamydia infection. Be careful to get yourself re evaluated for chlamydia infection three months after the treatment to check for re infections.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.