Chinese herbal creams, eczema ointment, base cream from company, contains steroid ?

ENT Specialist
My daughter is seeing the Chinese herbalist who makes her own ointment for eczema. The Dr. says she uses all natural ingredients but buys the base cream from a company. She has not given my daughter the info about the base cream ingredients, and our concern is steroid. Is there a lab we can send the cream and test it whether it contains steroid?
Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar 54 minutes later

Thanks for the query

Recently there was flashing news about lots of spurious medicines coming up in the United States despite of the strict and vigilant rules. Thanks to the long waiting period for the patients to consult the desired specialists and also the insurance costs.

Corticosteroid creams are sometimes prescribed to decrease the inflammatory reaction in the skin. If you feel the self prepared medicines by your Chinese Herbalist could be spurious or the steroids containing medicines you can call up the below agency and request for the service.
•     Human Drug Information
•     (888) 463-6332
•     (301) 796-3400
•      YYYY@YYYY

Division of Drug Information (CDER)
Office of Communications
0000 New Hampshire Avenue
Hillandale Building, 4th Floor
Silver Spring, MD 0000

Hope I have answered your query; I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

Dr. Naveen Kumar