Child with vaginal discharge. What would be the best treatment?

Verginal discharge in childrenMy little daughter of 3 years has recently been infected by some sort of bactaria. we notice a whitish odourless veginal discharge. what could have caused it and what is the best treatment
Posted Thu, 7 Mar 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 1 hour later

You have mentioned that your daughter is having whitish vaginal discharge. The causes are:
- Nonspecific in 50 to 60%
- Bacterial infection
- Fungal infection (candidiasis)
- Worm infestation like pinworms
- Foreign body insertion while playing

Clean and odorless discharge is usually not a problem. However I would like to know if it is associated with any fever, discomfort or itching?

In the meanwhile, I suggest you to
- maintain proper hygiene; wipe area from front to back and never back to front as fecal matter leads to infection.
- Give her plenty of fluids - coconut water, glucose water, fruit, salads, etc.
- avoid fried and junk food.

In case symptoms persist, get her examined by pediatrician to rule out any infection.

Hope I answered your query. If you have any other question, I would glad to assist you.

Wishing your child good health.

God bless!