Child was subjected to blood works on account of cold and green mucus. Is the sickness normal?

hello i wrote to u many times i am myself suffer from anxiety and panick disorder. and i also constantly worry about my kids especially my 4 year old daughter. she has bee subjected to 3 blood works last year because i constantly worried about cancer and had chest xrays. every time she has a cold i am scared about miocarditis/ this past week she has been congested, when she sneezed the kind of greenesh sruff came out. she eats drinks she is in day care. i did schedule an appt next wednesday uless it gets worse please tell me how many times ayear is it normal for a child to be sick. her eyes is also watery . i am too worried
Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in Growth and Development in Children
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
From your description it seems that your daughter is suffering from upper respiratory tract infection. This is a common problem in children and recurrence is also very common.
An examination of her pediatrician will help in proper diagnosis and treatment. Recurrence of such minor infections does not necessarily indicate a serious problem. Normally children do suffer from 6 to 8 episodes of such minor infections in a year. Do not be distressed. She will be alright soon.
You can add Vitamin C supplements to her diet to help her immunity against such recurrent infections.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Child was subjected to blood works on account of cold and green mucus. Is the sickness normal? 26 minutes later
u said vitamin c , how do i add vitamin c in her diet? also i did 2 chest xray last byear will it harm her in any way, and how many times a year should kids have blood drawn. i did hers 2 times last year
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 7 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
To add Vitamin C supplements you can ask her to chew the Vitamin C tablets available over the counter at all the pharmacies. Add fresh fruits like oranges, gooseberry to her diet. Getting exposed for two X-rays in a year is not harmful as the extent of radiation to which a person is exposed in X-rays is very small.
Drawing blood for blood tests is again immaterial as for testing only 2-3 ml blood is required which the body replenishes within few minutes after the blood is drawn.
Hope my answer is helpful.