Child suffering from heart pain, short episodes, pain while talking. Family history of hyper mobility, cholesterol. Causes for pain?

6 year old son complaining periodically for a week that his "heart" hurts. Fit and well no coughs or colds at present. Has been hurting today whilst sitting watching tv but doesn't last long. Says it hurts to talk. I am healthy 37 yr old Mum but my daughter and I are both hyper-mobile and immune to many anaesthetics. I also have ectopic beats, approx 500 per 24hr period. Have been tested for Marfans Syndrome but negative.
Grandmother has a cholesterol problem. No idea what it's called but it's the hereditary kind that can effect children from I believe the age of 9. Thought this may be relevant also.
Wasn't sure if this was relevant.
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 4 hours later

Hyper mobility is sometimes normal and need not always be due to Marfan syndrome. Cholesterol related issues most of the times are of concern only after 30s.

Your son could be having arrhythmias which is making his heart hurt/feel his own hear beat. Please do not ignore this, it needs to be evaluated. Ideally the heart should not hurt especially at rest. If the person is having chest pain at rest it is most commonly due to arrhythmias, he needs to be taken to a cardiologist, preferably a pediatric cardiologist, ECG and ECHO needs to be done. If these come as normal then a 24 hour Holter is also necessary (it is a small device attached and sent home and is used to measure ECG for 24 hours)

For now you could
Watch as to when he is getting the chest pain the most, for eg after playing, sitting,brushing teeth
Does he sweat when he is getting the pain
Notice how long it lasts
See if he passes urine once it subsides

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.