Child suffering from fever. Given meftal syrup and crocin syrup. Suggest the dosage?

My child who is 4 yrs suffering from fever since last night.I had given him meftal syrup at 615pm and crocin syrup after 6 hrs at 0015 am.Now at what time can I give him crocin or meftal ?
Posted Sun, 10 Nov 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Crocin syrup can be given every 6 hours once.

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXX.

Crocin syrup can be given every 6 hours once till the fever comes down, that is 3 to 5 days.

But always keep in mind you give the right dosage and not more. Paracetamol should be given 15 milligrams per 1Kg of the body weight of your child. For example, if your child weighs 15Kgs, then you need to give 15X15 mg, that is 225mg every 6 hours.

Please do not give multiple medicines, and for your information I would like to add, paracetamol is best for fever, meftal (Mefenemic acid) is not a very good antipyretic(not very good at reducing fever).

Please confirm again with your pediatrician and continue the medicines as advised only. Do not try to self medicate your children.

I hope this answers all your questions. Please feel free to write back to me if you have any more questions.

Wishing your kid a fast recovery.

Warm regards,