Child suffering from bronchitis, cough and cold. Suggested for Nukast. Giving neubilizer with duolin

Feb 2013

Hello sir,

My 2 1/2 yrs. boy baby always suffers from cough and cold since his birth. Doctor says he is suffering from Bronchitis.

I am giving him Nukast -4 regulary as suggested by our Child Specialist. His problem arise frequently after 20-25 days after. and I use nebulizer with Duolin+ NS Salt as a medicine and give him Relent+ and Refzil oral.

What to do.
Please suggest me.
Posted Thu, 16 May 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 15 minutes later

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

Frequent cold and cough is common in children below the age of 6 years due to frequent exposure to to viruses and bacteria.

After 6 years, children usually develop immunity and resistance to most of the common pathogens and the frequency of cold and cough will decrease.

But I need some more information to suggest you in a better way.

Is your child having wheezing?

Is there any family history of asthma?

Is child having any eczema or atopic dermatitis or any food allergy?

Is he requiring frequent nebulizations with duolin and what is the frequency?

In general avoid the exposure of the child to smoke, air pollution, dust, pets, plants and pollen, perfumes and sprays, and cold air as they will aggravate the child problem.

Continue the medication as advised by his child specialist.

Cold and cough without any fever and associated infection does not require antibiotic like Refzil and symptomatic treatment with relent and nebulization may be enough.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know in the next query along with the information I have asked.