Child often complains about headaches and have vomiting with loss of appetite. What to do?
User rating for this question
My daughter is 9 years old and often complains about headache. She vomits on these days due to severe head ache and goes to bed without food.
Posted Sun, 15 Dec 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 25 hours later
Brief Answer: Relax Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for writing to us. I understand your concern. While evaluating headache in children some points needs to be looked for; -is headache acute or chronic. -is there any factor which aggravates it like any particular food/stress/change of climate/loud noise/lights. -site of pain temporal/occipital. -relieving factors. Headache with nausea and vomiting are features of childhood migrane. In this child quickly becomes pale and listless and often feel sick and vomiting.it is usually associated with skipping meals as well. I suggest you to get your child examined by pediatrician as physical examination will be required to rule out other causes . In the meantime I suggest you to; -give combination of acetaminophen and ibuprofen for pain relief. -lie him down in quiet and dark room. -put cool moist cloth across forehead and eyes. -encourage him to sleep. -give him some fluids. Hope I have answered your query,in case you have any further question I would be glad to help. Wishing your child good health. God bless...
People also viewed
- Vasectomy new years resolution
- Child complains of headache and vomitting
- Dua on hearing birth of newborn
- Vomiting headache tired no appetite
- Substitute for renalog tab
- Complaining of headache and vomiting help
- Loose stools since giving birth
- Physical development birth to 1 year walking
- Discoloured tongue at birth
- Normal head circumference at birth
- Sinuplasty restenosis
- Relieving trapped windrelieving trapped wind
- What causes excruciating headache vomiting with low appetite
- What remedy is there for headache and vomiting
- Tampon stuck for 3 years surgically removed