Child is suffering from severe ear pain. Taking medicines for viral fever. Suggest medication?

Hi doctor my son aged 5 weighing 22.5 kgs is suffering with severe ear pain for the past 6 hrs. He was on medication for viral fever over the past 1 week. His temperature is normal but I don't know what to give him for the ear pain. please advise. Thanks
Posted Fri, 13 Sep 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
he needs to be examined by pediatrician.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for wriring to us.
I understand your concern.
Otitis media is a common cause of ear ache in children.
I suggest you to get him examined by pediatrician as examining ear is important.
If such patient comes to my clinic after making diagnosis I will prescribe antibiotic and analgesics and in some case local ear drops are also required.

For pain relief give him acetaminophen suspension or better would be combination of ibuprofen with acetaminophen.

Hope I have answered your query,if you have any further question I would be glad to help.

Wishing your baby good health.

God bless..