Child is having vaginal bleeding with pain. Putting daktozin on vagina. What treatment is required?

Hi, just today, my 20 month old has been grabbing her vagina and crying when she does a wee. She wants me to take her nappy off and put a new one on. I put some Daktozin on her vagina because this seems to help with the obvious stinging she feels when weeing. After her bath however, when I was putting more cream on, I had a closer look, spread her labia about and it looked like her clitoris was bleeding.
Any idea? I am planning on taking her to our local GP tomorrow morning.
Thanks in advance.
Posted Sat, 13 Apr 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 43 minutes later
Thanks for consulting us.
Her symptoms of pain & bleeding are surely abnormal. You must seek advise from a pediatrician or GP as soon as possible.
Bleeding from clitoris may have resulted from some local trauma which was probably out of your knowledge.
If she is bleeding from vagina then this may be a result of abnormal hormone production which need investigation & treatment.
If her urination is painful then the cause can be a stone in urinary tract or some local irritation due to trauma. This also need to be investigated & appropriately treated.
or she may have scratched the area due to irritation from a local infection ( e.g. fungal, nappy rash or dryness) & this raw area is now painful & causing her to behave like that.
So, better take her to a doctor for an expert opinion.