Child is having stomach ache and frequent motion. What precaution is to be taken?

Hi my son tummy hurts and rolling around holding tummy keeps going washroom poo it hurts
Posted Wed, 14 Nov 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Kulbir Singh 2 hours later
Hello XXXXXXX XXXXXXX and thanks for posting the query
Frequent motion is an indication of infection in the GI track. That is irritating the bowels and getting poo frequently. It is good that your son is not vomiting (hope so) so you can give him orally. Certain precautions you have to follow are:
1. Keep you child hydrated by giving boiled water or RO filtered water. Add electrolyte powder to it to maintain electrolyte balance.
2. Give only fresh light semi-liquid diet.
3. Wash the hands of your child properly after every poo. So the organism cannot circulate the disease.
3. Keep a check on urine output. If it is decreasing or not passing urine, than this is a sign of severe dehydration. Rush immediately to the emergency room to get treated.
4. You can give anti-spasmodic drugs like dycyclomine to reduce abdominal cramps.
5. He needs effective antibiotic drugs to get control on infection.

If you find any sign of dehydration like dry tongue, low urine output, drowsiness, and sunken eyes, than you have to immediately rush to the emergency room for treatment. As your son has frequent motions and abdominal cramps you have to immediately consult your doctor for effective treatment, so that emergency can be created. Depending upon the clinical examination of your son your doctor can tell you about the degree of dehydration and accordingly treatment can be planned. Do not hesitate to hospitalize if needed.

Hope I have answered your query. Write back if you have another query. I will be happy to answer them.
Best Wishes and get well soon
Dr. Kulbir Singh
Follow-up: Child is having stomach ache and frequent motion. What precaution is to be taken? 50 minutes later
He sleeps getn Lil sweaty but he sleeps it off and hurts Ween awake and it around belly botton sounds like and he jst poo go bed r roll around I gave tynol tums that all is.he XXXXXXX be OK. What kind meds and were get it
Answered by Dr. Kulbir Singh 34 minutes later
Hello and thanks again for the query
Sorry but I cannot understand what you have written. As much I understand, your son is not sleeping well and getting abdominal pains, you need to get checked by your nearest doctor, so that your doctor can prescribe you the medications. Tylenol is not going to help you out.

The medication your son requires are antibiotics like ofloxacin and anti-spasmodic like dicyclomine and plenty of fluid either orally if he take or Intravenous in hospital. The dose and duration depends on the severity of the symptoms, age and weight of the child. So it is better to consult your doctor for proper dose and duration. He will be fine but start the required treatment as soon as possible.
Hope you got your answer.
Best Wishes
Dr. Kulbir Singh