Child is Asthamatic Patient and not able to use inhaler. Suggest alternative to Seroflo inhaler?

My Kid (6 yrs) is Asthamatic Patient and not able to use inhaler. So is there any remedy apart from the Seroflo Inhaler (125 mg)?
Posted Sat, 12 Oct 2013 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Shashi Dangwal 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Use inhaler through a device called spacer.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Very young children with asthma are generally not able to use inhalers. Have you tried a device called Spacer? If not, i suggest you try giving him the inhalers through a spacer. It`s a plastic cyllindrical device at one end of which the inhaler is fixed and the other end goes into the child`s mouth. The puffs from inhaler is pressed into the device and child can easily breath through the other end as no hand breath co ordination is required.

You may also try Seroflo rotacaps or seretide100 accuhaler which are easier to use.

Otherwise, you may nebulize him with levolin and budecort solution whenever required.

I also give montair lc kid tablet to my paediatric patients with asthma as it helps in better control of asthma and the requirement of inhalers comes down.

I do hope this satisfies your query.
Follow-up: Child is Asthamatic Patient and not able to use inhaler. Suggest alternative to Seroflo inhaler? 2 days later
We are trying inhaler through the spacer but we exactly does not know that the medicine is going inside correctly. We have got this doubt because my kid is getting coufh, cold and nose block frequently. Everytime to use nebulizer has become practice for him and montek lc kid is causing drowsiness and he got adicted to this tablet so suddenly we stopped this medicine.

We dont want to use nebulizer frequently. So what is the remedy?
Answered by Dr. Shashi Dangwal 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Increase the number of puffs and frequency.

Detailed Answer:

If the child is used to taking inhalers through spacer, the medicine will go inside. You may try and increse the dose and or the frequency of inhaler.

You may give plain montair kid instead of montair lc kid to avoid drowsiness.

Try using a nasal spray like flixonase100 twice a day. It will help in cold symptoms.

Try and avoid exposure to allergens like dust, smoke, cold dry air as much as possible. These simple measures should help.