Child having white spots, redness and dry skin on cheeks. Any idea what it could be?

Hi. I have a 2 1/2 yr old boy who gets white spots on his cheeks and redness with very dry skin. It appears for a few weeks and then clears up and for about a week or two and then reappears. He has no other symptoms either externally or in his mouth. He is also apyrexial with it. Any idea what it could be please?
Posted Fri, 19 Oct 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 2 hours later

Thanks for writing in.

The condition you are describing can be atopic dermatitis,pityriasis XXXXXXX Polymorphic light eruption etc.

Also I would like to know-

Since when he has this condition?

Does it aggravate after sunlight exposure?

Does it aggravate by sweating ?

Does he have recurrent colds?respiratory illness?

Do you or anybody in family has asthma?respiratory problems rhinitis?

If you can upload the photos of the affected area(nipple and base of penis) ,it would be good to predict the condition.

You have a feature to upload the reports / image by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your queries better.” Alternatively, you may mail me at YYYY@YYYY with subject as “Attention to Dr. Sudarshan”.

Anticipating your reply.