Child having pain in abdomen due to hernia. Prescribed with amoxcillin for water infection. Proper diagnosis?

my 7 yr old son has been diagnosed with a hernia ,he constantly cries that the right hand side of his belly button hurts ,he cant turn or lie flat without it hurting and the pain comes and goes,i keep taking him back and forth to the GP who keeps prescribing amoxcillin saying he may have a water infection ,hes now on medicine third time in 4 wks ,we have a pediatric appointment at hospital in couple of wks but my son is in pain what can it be
Posted Thu, 28 Jun 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
The pain in the belly may be related to hernia he is having. The other common causes are overeating, eating the foods to which he is allergic, gas or indigestion, appendicitis, gall bladder problem, pediatrician will be able to tell you your exact cause of pain after proper investigations and let you know what treatment opinions are available.
Meanwhile you can give him an over the counter anti spasmodic and see if it helps.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.