Child having mild headache, low fever, stomach pains and gastritis. What to do?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
My daughter is 12 years old, since the weekend she has has mild headache, stomach pains and gas and seems to have a low body temp (36 degrees). Is this normal
Posted Tue, 11 Dec 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
I think what she is currently experiencing is a viral infection. This can lead to headache and mild stomach upset. The following things should make her feel better:
a. Take tablet paracetamol 400 mg as and when required ( upto 4 times daily). This needs to be taken with food. This will relieve the headache and fatigue. This will not lower her body temperature further.
b. Take a hot water shower and drink plenty of warm fluids.
c. Eat small, home cooked meals at regular intervals. Also, drink at least 2-3 litres of lukewarm water in a day. This should help take care of the stomach pains and gas.
d. Simply rest for 1-2 days and she should be good.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.