Child having glandular fever and white spots on tonsils. Should I be worried?

My daughter has glandular fever and white spots on her tonsils. She has now developed a black spot on one of her tonsils. Should we be worried?
Posted Thu, 15 Nov 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
Glandular fever is one of viral illnesses that can cause tonsillitis resulting in throat swab must be done to see whether any bacterial infection has taken place on it.
The black spot seems to be a small localized bleeding on the surface of tonsil and should not be worried upon.
Keep on taking the treatment as advised and keep a watch on the tonsils of your daughter.

Please revert to me for any further clarification.
Best of luck