Child having fever and vomiting, feels tired and sleepy. Is this a reaction to the chlorine?

We spent most of the day Thursday at a water park with our sons, ages 7 and 5. They have been running fevers ever since and have vomitted. My 5 year old is very tired and has slept most of the day today. This was their first time in a pool for an extended period of time. Is this a reaction to the chlorine?
Posted Tue, 24 Jul 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 17 minutes later

The chlorine levels seen in the water in such parks is not high so as to cause any systemic symptoms.Though skin reactions can be expected.

Also fever can never be a symptom of chlorine exposure.I suspect the cause of the fever and other symptoms your children is due to ingestion of a contaminated food material which has developed into gastritis and may cause enteritis and loose stools.

I suggest you to take them to treating doctor who after examining can confirm the fact and put them on antibiotics which are essential and also prevent further worsening.

Wish you good health.