Child has white spots on tongue, lethargy, appetite loss. Diagnosed as hay fever

My 9 year old son has small white spots on his tongue. He has been very lethargic, with loss of appetite -this was diagnosed as hay fever by his doctor,prior to the appearance of the spots...
Posted Fri, 9 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Deepti Goyal 2 hours later
Hi thanks for the query.

Although you have not provided the exact question you want to ask, as per the details I am taking it as you want to know the reason of white spots on the tongue of your child.

There are many causes of white spots on tongue in children but the most common are dehydration, infected debris on the tongue OR candida infection. In my opinion these white spots are not related to hay fever. At this stage I would advise you to get it examined and if required a biopsy can be taken from the spot for histopathology for exact diagnosis.

Good Luck.

Hope this information is helpful and informative to you.
If you have further queries you can directly reach out to me on the following URL: