Child has very small and pointed penis. Anything serious?

Doc , i have 4.5 year old son whose penis from birth has been very small size and the looks very pointed in the front with the front portion almost looks like a sharpened pencil. what should i do. I am seriously worried for my son. XXXXXXX
Posted Fri, 19 Jul 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Achuo Ascensius 2 hours later
thanks for the query

Penis growth is occurs between infancy and about 5 years of age and at puberty.
The size of penis depends largely on genetic factors as well as environmental factors.

However, at 4.5 years, i think it might be early to start talking about a small penis unless it is really small and has stayed with that size for a long while.

To be sure there is no underlying problem, it is necessary to visit a urologist for detail examination and appropriate treatment if indicated.

Hope this answers your query.
Best regards